Light bars are one of the most common upgrades Jeep owners add to their Wranglers. A high-quality light bar can illuminate the road ahead, which makes them incredibly useful for off-roading enthusiasts and those that live in rural areas.
To help you find the perfect light bar for your Jeep Wrangler, we are going to review some of the best products on the market today. Before we go over our top picks, we will also explain some factors you should take into consideration when choosing a light bar for your Jeep.
Table of Contents
What is a Light Bar?
In simple terms, light bars are a form of auxiliary lighting that usually sits on the roof a vehicle. In situations where the vehicle’s factory headlights do not offer adequate brightness, a light bar can offer additional illumination and improve visibility. They are popular for off-roading, camping, hunting, and many other activities that are popular amongst Jeep-owners.
How to Choose the Right Light Bar
Since light bars are available in a wide variety of sizes, styles, and light patterns, it is important to choose the right one for your specific needs and preferences. As such, it is worth taking the time to consider the following factors when you are in the market for a new light bar:
- Size and Brightness – In most cases, the wider the light bar is, the brighter it will be. If you need more illumination, choose a wider and more powerful light bar.
- Fit and Compatibility – It is important that your chosen light bar will actually fit your Jeep properly. All of the light bars reviewed below were specifically chosen because they are compatible with Jeep Wranglers.
- Beam Pattern – Light bars produce different levels of illumination and cast different light beams. You can choose more of a spotlight style, a flood beam, or a combination of both. Choose a light bar with a beam pattern that matches your needs, or even better, choose one that offers more than one option.
- Shape and Color – Light bars are available in straight bars, or curved tubes. While there are aesthetic considerations, it is worth noting that each shape will cast light in a different way. You should also remember that a light bar will become a defining feature on your Jeep, so you should choose a color and style that you actually like the look of. Again, always select a light bar shape that meets your needs and personal preferences.
The Best Jeep Wrangler Light Bars
1. AutoFeel – LED Light Bar Kit
This budget-friendly LED light bar is the perfect choice for Jeep owners that are looking to give their Wrangler a full lighting overhaul. In one convenient package, you get a 52” light bar, as well as a smaller 22” light bar. You even get four LED pods, which can be used as ditch lights, or as rear facing auxiliary lights at the back of your vehicle.
The light bars use extra-bright OSRAM LED chips, which produce a crisp beam that really improves visibility while driving at night. Each of the light beams and the four light pods are encased in a durable die-cast aluminum housing. The light bars feature both spot and flood beams, which can be selected by the driver at their convenience. The light bars also feature 180o adjustability, so the driver can find the exact angle they prefer to use.
Whether you are just searching for a light bar, or you want to install the entire kit, these lights from AutoFeel are effective and durable. They are affordable and produce an impressive level of illumination. It is a great auxiliary light kit that fits really well on all Jeep Wrangler models.
2. Nilight – 71013C-A 32″ 180W High Power LED Jeep Light Bar
This Nilight 32” Jeep light bar offers a spot beam function for visibility at greater distances and a flood beam setting for a broader range of illumination. It even has a combined feature, which finds the perfect balance between long-range illumination and improved peripheral visibility.
What we really liked about this light bar is its impressive durability. With a waterproof rating of IP67 and a 100% dust-proof outer casing, it is the perfect light bar for Jeep Wrangler owners that are looking for an affordable way to improve their visibility during off-road driving. The light bar comes with solid mounting brackets, which keep the entire bar stable in all driving conditions.
The aluminum alloy housing features heat sinks, which help with heat dissipation and extend the overall lifespan of the light bar. At 32”, this is considered a mid-sized light bar, but the curved design and extra-bright LEDs help cast a significant amount of light to improve the driver’s line of sight even in the most remote and poorly lit locations.
- Powerful 180w LED Light Bar, spot beam for long irradiation distance, flood beam for bright and broad view area.
- IP67 Waterproof Rate, waterproof up to 1 meter of water for 30 minutes and 100% dustproof.
- Special designed die-cast aluminum alloy heat sinks effectively extend lifespan of the light bar beyond 30,000 hours.
- The side mounting bracket can firmly fix the light bar on its position.
3. Nicoko – 52″ 300W Curved Combo Beam LED Light Bar
This is one of the most versatile light bars on the market today. With front-facing spot lights and side-facing flood lights on either end, this 300W light bar helps the driver see a full field of vision on even the darkest roads.
It also features adjustable RGB halo rings, which means users can change the color of the LEDs to their preference. The color and brightness can be controlled using a straightforward remote, or with Bluetooth using Nicoko’s smart app. As with most LED light bars, the lights can be activated almost instantly and do not require a lengthy warm-up period.
The entire light bar is housed within a die-cast, corrosion resistant aluminum casing, which has a waterproof rating of IP68. The LEDs are protected behind an anti-scratch lens, which is designed to keep out dust and prevent damage from falling branches and other debris.
Overall, this is a great light bar for any Jeep and the color adjustability feature is a fun way to add character to your Wrangler.
- 52 Inch 300w curved Led light bar with Amazing Chasing RGB Halo Strip
- High Quality 3w*100pcs premium Arc-leds with deep reflector cups
- IP67 Waterproof Rating with dustproof and shockproof PC lens
- High quality 5050 RGB Halo strip and light bar housing
- 12-month warranty
4. YITAMOTOR – Curved 180W LED Light Bar
This 32” light bar was specifically designed for off-roading purposes. Its rugged mounting brackets and durable wiring harness are designed for stability while driving over rugged terrain. It is a combination light bar, meaning it features a 30o spot beam and 60o flood beams at either end.
The dual-row LEDs are capable of producing 16,200 lumens worth of brightness, which is really impressive for a mid-sized light bar. The low profile helps prevent snags from low-hanging branches, while a waterproof housing keeps the LEDs safe in all weather conditions.
It is a great option for those that are looking for a bright light bar that can withstand even the rockiest of terrains. Whether you plan on taking your Jeep off-roading, or you just want the peace of mind that comes with choosing a durable piece of equipment, this curved light bar from YITAMOTOR is an excellent choice.
- Die-cast aluminum body with dual-row 16,200 Lumens and 180 Watt output
- Comes with mounting brackets and wiring harness for easy installation.
- More than 50,000 hours of lifespan and IP67 rating make it incredibly resistant to water and dust.
- Combination of two 60-degree flood beam and one 30-degree spot beam
- Lifetime Warranty against any defects
As you can see, there are quite a few choices for the best LED Light Bar for your Jeep. These are just a few of our favorites. You can find them for a reasonable cost that won’t blow your budget. You’ll save a little cash and can put that towards more off-road accessories for your Jeep.